If you are in the process of planning your next vacation, you may find yourself wondering where other travelers tend to venture when they have time. Whether your goal is to hit all of the most in-demand travel destinations or avoid them for the sake of originality, this list will help.
1. Beaches: From cottages in the sand dunes throughout the Great Lakes Region to condos at singer island, there are plenty of places throughout the United States to take a swim, work on your tan or even catch some fish.
2. City Centers: Many travelers enjoy heading to the big city for vacations, and those who already live there seem to prefer to visit new ones. Whether you have been dreaming of a concert from the New York Philharmonic or want to take a culinary tour of Downtown Chicago, cities have plenty to offer vacationers from anywhere.
3. National Parks: While those who enjoy a fast-paced lifestyle might not see the value in visiting a national park, the Great Smokey National Park’s 1 million visitors last year would disagree. The Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Rocky Mountain National Park are also high on the list of most-beloved vacation spots.
4. Amusement Parks: Although some amusement parks are clearly designed for kids, places like Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, TX, and Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA, are perfect for those who are fully grown and packed with courage for those adrenaline-pumping coasters and water rides that were not designed for the faint of heart.
5. European Cities: If the romance of Paris, the culture of Great Britain or the beauty of Spain have been calling your name, it may be time to join large percentage of Americans who cannot wait to get their passport stamped and head for their favorite international destinations.
6. Cruises: Heading out on the water for world-class dining, drinks and entertainment is another popular way for Americans to use those vacation days. If you want to make the most of this type of trip, head to the Bahamas during the winter months to really soak up the sun.
Regardless of where your next vacation takes you, remember that a large percentage of the population cannot be wrong; check out those beaches, cities and more to maximize your time away from home.